Nursing Home And Assisted Living Facilities Falls
At The Law Office of Terry S. Nelson, P.A., located in Fort Myers, we understand how difficult it is to entrust your family member to someone else, especially when your loved one is elderly or in need of long-term care. Our Fort Myers nursing home neglect lawyers are dedicated to providing victims and their families with everything they need to protect against abuse, neglect and mistreatment by nursing home facilities as well as fractures caused by falls.
Causes Of Nursing Home Falls
Some of the common causes of nursing home falls (or may have accidentally dropped) include:
- Hazards such as wet floors, poor lighting, improper bed heights, improperly maintained wheelchairs
- Medications that affect the patient’s balance or alertness
- Facilities’ failure to provide and utilize bathing equipment such as chairs and handrails
- Transferring patient in and out of bed
- Failing to use locks on wheelchairs
- Poorly maintained stairways and walkways
- Failure to implement a fall prevention program
Holding Florida Nursing Homes And Assisted Living Facilities Liable For Neglect And Fractures
A dropped patient or patient with a repeated history of falls, may be due to problems in the nursing home such as:
- Poorly trained or under trained staff
- Understaffed facilities
- Using the wrong equipment to move or transfer patients
- Faulty equipment: facilities must keep equipment in good condition
Although there are common incidents of nursing home abuse and neglect, not every case is a result of mistreatment. If you have a friend or loved one in a nursing home, pay attention to his or her mood and activity level; these might tell you more about conditions.
Contact Our Accessible Port Charlotte Nursing Home And Assisted Living Abuse Cases Lawyer
If you suspect that your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, contact us online or call 239-334-1789 for a free initial consultation with no obligation. We offer evening and weekend appointments for your convenience.